The online gambling industry has been on the rise for the past decade, and, as one of the players’ favourites, online bingo games continue attracting new users. If you are interested in learning some new interesting facts about the game, this is just the right place. Online bingo statistics we’ve gathered forecast a bright future for this gambling sector.
- The global gambling market is expected to hit $92.9 billion by 2023.
- The biggest online bingo win was worth £5.9 million.
- 4% of UK online bingo players have never deposited any money.
- There are more than 10 million online gamblers in the UK.
- The percentage of male players has jumped from 21% to 48% during 2020.
- 16% of online bingo players surveyed in the UK hold a Master’s degree.
1. The global gambling market will reach $92.9 billion in 2023.
The size of the gambling market was somewhere around $59 billion in 2019, but the forecasts are in favour of it doubling by 2023. The expected value is $92.9 billion, and this includes online casino games, sports betting, and poker games. This online bingo growth is mainly driven by the increasing digitalization and the advancement of technology in general.
2. The UK gambling industry is worth £14.22 billion.
The UK gambling industry is currently worth £14.22 billion, and it keeps on rising.
3. Bingo represented 2.6% of the overall UK gambling traffic in 2020.
(The European Business Review)
Even though regular land-based bingo rooms have experienced a decrease in the number of visitors, online bingo has flourished. The statistics for online bingo show that last year, the online variants of the game accounted for 2.6% of the total UK gambling traffic.
4. The biggest online bingo win was a £5.9 million jackpot.
John Orchard, a 60-year-old bingo player from Long Sutton in Lincolnshire, won the £5.9 million prize in December 2012. Orchard decided to retire early and buy a new car with the money. The gambling community was amazed as this result had beaten all previous records. According to the online bingo industry numbers, it’s still unbeaten.
5. The average UK bingo player deposits £30 a month.
According to a 2021 WhichBingo survey, 4% of participants spend more than £101 a month playing online bingo. The majority of respondents (68%) deposit between £11 and £50 per month. Another 4% of players exclusively play online bingo for free.
6. More than 10 million people across the UK occasionally engage in online gambling.
(The European Business Review)
Online bingo, according to UK statistics, is played by more than 10 million players who gamble on their mobile phones, laptops, iPads, or notepads. Nearly 45% of all UK residents gamble every month. What’s particularly interesting is that the younger generations are the ones fueling this growth.
7. The number of male bingo players is expected to grow throughout 2021.
Online bingo is a game played mostly by women, but things could soon change according to the stats displayed in the annual survey conducted by WhichBingo. This survey, along with other online bingo UK stats, indicates that the percentage of men playing bingo has increased from 21% in 2020 to 48% in 2021. This might be due to the lockdown and the fact that online bingo is now within reach of all enthusiasts.
8. In 2020, 78% of players played online bingo at least once a week.
Coronavirus heavily impacted online betting throughout 2020. More than three quarters of players visited online bingo sites at least once a week. It’s also worth mentioning that 72% of players play across two or more platforms while searching for the best deals.
9. The most represented age range of online bingo players is 25-54.
Online bingo players, according to statistics, have gotten younger in 2021. Most players are 25 to 54 years old, in comparison to 35-64 in 2020. It looks like innovations and investments in bingo platforms have been successful in attracting younger users.
10. 16% of online bingo players in the UK hold a Master’s degree.
Bingo is a game appreciated for its simplicity, as it doesn’t require learning complex rules. Nonetheless, many of its players have higher education. WhichBingo’s survey, designed to give us an insight into the newest online bingo statistics, indicates that 27% of players have a university education, and 16% of them hold a Master’s degree.
The Impact on Society
11. Since 1994, the National Lottery has raised over £42 billion for good causes.
The National Lottery keeps on contributing to good causes, including arts, sports, education, health, and the environment. Since it’s launch in November 1994, it has collected more than £42 billion. The funds are accumulated in the National Lottery Distribution Fund and are being raised from National Lottery game tickets, including bingo.
12. Being part of the online bingo community is the most important factor for 53% of all bingo players.
Online bingo stats show that 53% of online players consider being part of the community one of the essential elements in the whole experience of playing bingo. On the other hand, 17% of the surveyed players claim that they don’t enjoy online bingo sites as there is no one they can actually talk to while playing.
13. 45% of the surveyed players confirm they are married.
Since the COVID-19 pandemic has started, couples have been spending more time together, and it looks like that has contributed to the number of men playing online bingo, as we can see from online bingo stats. 45% of respondents who play online bingo have stated that they are married, while another 22% said they are in a relationship.