Bingo is incredibly fun. Even if you can’t make it to your local bingo hall for some socializing, there are plenty of virtual alternatives. These new bingo sites are even capable of pulling introverts into the fast-paced game.
Today, bingo chat games are becoming increasingly popular. The games differ depending on the site you choose but social interaction is the key ingredient. Read on to find out more about these games and how you can join the fun.
What are Chat Games?
Bingo players are chatty. That’s why chat rooms at bingo sites enrich the overall experience and it’s why we at BestBingoUK love playing this game online. These virtual rooms are designed to simulate the atmosphere at a physical bingo hall. In addition to providing bingo hosts, they offer ways to strike up a conversation with fellow players, also known as roomies.
One of the ways the hosts keep the conversation going during bingo chat room games is through fun activities that the bingo caller announces and launches in chat. This can be a quiz or a small bonus that players can score under certain conditions. When the game starts, the rules are explained and the prize is announced. It’s usually something symbolic, like £2-£5 in free bingo credit, but nonetheless a good incentive to play a bingo chat game. Some sites may ask you to make a minimum deposit before joining a chat game while others require an active bingo ticket.
The frequency and variety of these games depends entirely on the site you’re playing at. Some have the games running 24/7, while others target peak hours or specific time slots. Depending on the game, you’ll be required to enter a specific code in the chat to join the fun, so pay special attention to the moderator’s instructions and the site’s rules on chat games.
Common Types of Bingo Chat Games
There are many different types of bingo chat games. When you join a bingo room, you’ll have a nice selection to choose from. These can be games akin to Trivial Pursuit, classic games of answering questions where the fastest player to correctly answer wins. They can also involve letters and numbers, usually taking players’ usernames into account. Oftentimes the bingo site will have thematic chat rooms, letting players know in advance what to expect even before starting a game of bingo. We’ve gathered all the fan favorites with tips on how to play them.
Trivia Chat games
Everyone likes a good quiz. Whether it’s quiz night at your local pub or a TV show, they offer a fun way to test your general knowledge, challenge your friends, and win some neat prizes. Unsurprisingly, trivia is incredibly popular in bingo chat rooms.
Trivia games and mini quizzes are played alongside ongoing bingo games. The categories include everything from pop culture (film and TV mostly) to geography, history, and even politics. Bingo players tend to flock to rooms with trivia games, paving the way for fierce competition. Fast typists have the upper hand.
Numbers Chat Games
While quiz games test your knowledge in areas not related to the ongoing bingo game, the numbers chat games are based on bingo. They come in several flavors but are always directly tied to the current bingo draw. Here are some of the most common games:
- First ball out: Before the bingo game starts, the bingo moderator will ask players to guess which ball will be called first. Guess right and you win the prize.
- Winning number: Players have to guess the final ball.
- Birthday: In this bingo chat room game, you provide your date of birth to the chat moderator (ex. 05-11-68) and, if those three numbers are called out, you type in “Birthday” to claim the prize.
- Mirror numbers: The first player to spot two mirroring numbers, like 13 and 31, wins the prize.
There are other numbers games, like guessing the first number ending with zero (eggs up), variations of the birthday game, or other games involving dates. Hosts usually pick the aforementioned games as they’re the most popular and generally don’t have multiple winners.
Buddy Chat Games
Bingo is a game best played with friends. That’s why online bingo chat rooms have such a strong emphasis on community. Even if you forgot to bring your friends along for a game of online bingo, you can still enjoy buddy games. These require you to pair up with a roomy in your chat room, encouraging interaction and boosting your chances of winning. In a buddy game, if your roomie wins a jackpot, you win a prize, too. There are several ways to pair up fellow players during buddies bingo games:
- Birthday: Players sharing the winner’s birthday get a prize.
- Alphabet: All players whose username starts with the same letter as the winner get a prize.
- Up-down: When a winner is announced, the two players above and below them in the chat room member list also win prizes.
- Teams: The chat room is divided into teams before the game starts. The winner’s teammates all get a reward, usually in the form of credit for the next bingo game.
Other Bingo Chat Games
Of course, these aren’t the only games you’ll encounter in bingo rooms. Just like there are different bingo games, the variety of chat games never ceases to impress. Everything goes here as long as it can be tracked during the game of bingo, or typed in the chat room. Here are just some of the games we’ve encountered at bingo sites so far:
- Bingo karaoke: Bingo hosts post lyrics from a popular song. You may be asked to guess the song title, the artist’s name or complete the song.
- Anagrams: During these chat room games the moderator posts a theme and jumbled letters. The first player to unscramble the word wins.
- Word connections: Be the first player to identify the word that somehow connects the two words the moderator posted.
Again, variety is key. It’s very common for sites to run thematic or seasonal games. For example, during Valentine’s week, all games revolve around romance and romantic comedies. Likewise, when a new TV show hits the airwaves and becomes popular, bingo room games are likely to adopt some of its characteristics. In short, anything that’s popular with the general public can be adopted to enhance promotions on bingo sites. This also makes for a great conversation starter with your bingo buddies.